Calm nature idyll with fascinating view on the Thuringian Forest
The fascinating thing about the hotel Gabelbach is it’s location, up high in the Thuringian Forest, surrounded with meadows and bird singing inbetween of tree tops. It’s an ideal starting point to see and discover the Thuringian Forest in it’s natural, cultural and traditional diversity.
You can already feel with the drive through the valley of Gabelbach, the former Frauenwälder street, that has been a part of the old trading route and the Frankenweg of Erfurt, the elemental force of water, nature and earth, where a lot of people that are connected with the nature, people that are lookng for peace and those who are actively impressed are valueing this place.
Next to the domains of Goethe, there are a lot of more free time activities that you can do throughout the year in Ilmenau and in the surrounding, e.g:
- Hiking and cycling on well built routes
- Nordic-Walking and mountainbiking
- Cross country skiing and apline skiing
- Sleigh racing, dogsled riding and horse-drawn sleigh riding
- Winter sports competitions, cultural offers like museums and exhibitons, events and festivals
- Free time activity for the whole family